Archolia Chapter 131 - The Monarch

Ivan is in the training room practicing when Chalyela arrives.
She stands for a while admiring his skill; not daring to interrupt him.
He stops immediately and changes out of his armor when he spots her.
“Hello beautiful,” he says before greeting her with a kiss.
“To what do I owe this visit my queen?”
“You remember I told you that some of the foreign dignitaries were doubting my right to the crown?”

Ivan nods; listening attentively.
“Well advisor Kenna suggested that I attempt to locate family members in order to locate our family crest, so I did.”
“So you were able to locate it?” Ivan asks anticipating good news.
“I wish I could say so, but that is not the case,” Chalyela reveals.
“I attempted to send a scroll to the Kinship Location Guild, but my letter was intercepted.”
“Instead, it attracted a mountebank who is here now in the kingdom claiming that he is my cousin who in fact has our family crest.”
“Are you sure that he is of no relation?” Ivan asks.
“Quite.  Today I received a letter from my Aunt Beverly who told me not to trust anyone who has come here claiming to be my cousin.”
“Oh Ivan!  I have been a fool.  I was so desperate to possess our family crest and prove my right to rule that I have allowed this stranger into our home, allowed him to lie to me and as a result put us all in danger.”
“Well you know what you must do?” Ivan says grabbing Chalyela’s hand tenderly.
“What is that my love?”
“Allow him to know if the blade of your sword is as appetizing as his lies.”

“You mean kill him?” Chalyela asks seriously considering her husband’s advice.
“I can do it for you if you wish my love,” Ivan says.

“No,” Chalyela says before walking away, “I will do it.”


Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: ,