Archolia Chapter 130 - The Monarch

 Chalyela is mortified at Jace’s behavior and disrespect toward her.  She is determined to get to the bottom of this situation.  She decides to seek the Town Crier to find out if he has heard anything about Jace.
 Town crier Bertram is standing near the well when she arrives at the town square.
 “Town Crier Bertram, as you may have heard, a distant relative of mine arrived in town a few days ago.”
 “Yes Your Majesty.”

“Well, he has been nothing but a bother since he arrived.  He is supposed to be providing me with our family crest, but every time I ask him about it, he changes the subject.”
 “I am convinced that Jace is actually not my cousin.”
 “Wait!  What was his name again?”  Bertram asks, suddenly stunned.
 Jace…why?”

“I just received a scroll about that very person.  Hold on one moment while I fetch it.”
 Bertram leaves to locate the scroll.  Chalyela prays that the scroll will reveal all that she needs to know about this Jace.
“Here it is M’lady.  It is addressed from a Duchess Beverly.  I was just about to deliver it to the castle.”

“Aunt Beverly? “ Chalyela says excited that her Aunt Beverly may actually exist.
 Chalyela takes the scroll out of Bertram’s hands.
 Chalyela slips the scroll into her pocket to read once she has some privacy.
Once she is away from town square, she rips open the seal on the scroll:

Dearest Niece Queen Chalyela,  I am your aunt Beverly.   I am afraid that I lost contact with your  side of the family long before you were born.  I was pleased to hear from you. I wanted to warn you that your message was intercepted by a well known charlatan from our parts.  If a man comes to town, claiming that he is your relative, do not believe him! 

Regarding the
proof of our family heraldry, I cannot  provide you with a crest because  there is none.  Our family has always made their own name without use of a crest and I am sure that you will do the same. 
With the proof she needs in hand, Chalyela walks toward the castle, but passes it as she decides on a different destination.  She will in fact confront the imposter Jace, but first she will seek advice from her husband, Commander Ivan, on how to deal with this fraud.



Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: ,