Archolia Chapter 121 - The Peteran Priest & Merchant

 The Watcher heard Ermine’s cry for help and wakes her immediately.
 Ermine is back on her feet so quickly, that those around her believe that she has only tripped.

“Are you okay Your Grace?” They ask concerned.
 “I am fine,” she answers.  “Please clear the room so that I might rest,” she says, still feeling the grogginess from wearing the pendant.  Why has Percival sent me such a thing? She asks herself confused.
 I shall go and ask him, but first…she tells herself right before falling asleep.

As Ermine sleeps she slips into a dream.  She dreams of the kingdom, but in this dream, strange statues have been erected all over and parts of the ground is covered in blue glowing stone that fades in and out of view.  She gets short glimpses of a strange  creature with  a sinister smile upon his face...
 Ermine is startled awake.  Does this dream have anything to do with the pendant?  She asks herself before remembering that she needs to go and see the merchant.
 Ermine marches past the cemetery and sees statues just like the ones in her dream.  She marches even faster.
 Her pace does not slow until she reaches the Town Square, where statues just like the statues that she saw moments ago while sleeping are scattered all about.
 By the Watcher!  This looks just like my dream! She says suddenly confused on whether she is awake or still in her bed dreaming.
 Ermine arrives at the market and looks around for Percival.  She has to know where the pendant came from.
 She finally spots him, but he is in no condition to answer any questions.  Percival Payne is passed out cold in front of his stalls.
 With no where else to turn, Ermine remembers the Snords talk of a demon.  If these occurrences are not demonic, Ermine does not know what is.
 Ermine arrives at the castle and rushes to the queen’s side.  “Your Majesty!  I must speak with Snordmeister Elton at once!”
 “Is it about the demon?  He has told me all about it, but he says that he believes that the demon has been kept at bay for now.”

“Your majesty, I am afraid that he is mistaken.  The demon is slowly taking over,” Ermine informs the queen.
 “Please Your Grace…slow down and tell me what has happened.”

Tis the pendants!  I believe they have given a demon access to our world.”
 “Pendant?  Yes, Elton told me about them…you mean that they have been located?”

“Located and distributed,” Ermine begins.  “I have one here.”
 “Ah, he warned me that this might happen.  Please, go and see the Snoozemeister.  He is in the tactical map room.  I must go and make preparations to keep the kingdom safe,” Queen Chalyela says before walking away.
 Concern is all over the Snoozemeister’s face when he sees Ermine’s grave expression.  “It is happening,” he says in a knowing tone.
 “I was sent this by pigeon post,” Ermine says, giving Snoozemeister Elton her pendant, safely wrapped in cloth.
 Elton takes the pendant and begins telling Ermine the story of the demon.  “The demon’s name is Xexy’s and he is the demon of nightmares.  These pendants have kept him imprisoned for centuries, but they were stolen.”
“The pendants were kept in a safe place, but when they are away too long.  Their power fades.  Prioress Ermine, we need your help,” Elton continues.  
Elton pulls out a small bag; holding it up for Ermine to see.  “This is the potion of lucid dreams.  If you drink this, you will be in a state between awake and dreaming.”
 Ermine takes the bag.

“To stop
Xexy’s, you must ask the dream guardian for help.  He is the only one that knows how to stop this demon.”  Elton continues.
 “I will do this,” Ermine says “But why me.  Why am I the one that has to do this?”

Snoozemesiter Elton turns, “I am afraid that my faith is not strong.  You have the strongest ties to the Watcher.  The only way to fight evil is with good.”
 Without another word, Ermine drinks down the potion.
 After you have fallen asleep, listen for my voice and I will guide you,” Elton assures her.
 The Snoozemesiter has barely finished his sentence before Ermine feels a sensation similar to the one she felt earlier; only this time she is not afraid.
She falls slowly to the ground; welcoming sleep.

Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: , ,