Archolia Chapter 120 - The Peteran Priest & Merchant

Percival has a strange sensation as he starts to walk outside.  He hears a voice in his head that is not his own.  Thanks for selling the pendants…” Percival is startled. Is it the voice of the Watcher?
Just as he begins to believe that he has imagined the voice, it returns,  “Come to the grave, so that I may thank you face to face.”
Percival is afraid, but curiosity overrules his fear.  He just has to see who or what it is that can penetrate his thoughts.
As Percival approaches the graveyard, he can see a set of very strange statues, rocks and a cage next to an even stranger man.
Percival is hesitant to approach.  The strange fellow does not even turn around before he begins to address Percival,  “Aw, Percival Payne…”
He finally turns and continues, “I owe you a lot of thanks.”
“Thanks for what?” Percival asks, ignoring the fact that this stranger addressed him by his whole name.
“For selling pendants to enough people to allow me to cross over into your world of course.  You see, those pendants you sold…” the strange guys voice becomes very deep and groggy before he finishes his statement, “…were mine.”
The change in voice scares Percival, but he works hard to hide it,  “I am sorry, I do not understand.”
“Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Xexy’s and I am the demon of nightmares.  You see, the Snords used those pendants to keep me imprisoned in the dream world for years.  I was trapped and weak until you distributed them.”
“Now that I am free, I can repay you for your kindness.  What can I do for you…anything you want?”

Percival wants no part in this evil,  “I shall have no part of you!”

“Well that is just too unfortunate.  I could have given you everything, but now I will only give you enough time to go home and collect your possessions before I destroy them!”
Percival turns on his heels and rushes home.  He does not know what this demon is capable of, but he wants to save as much as he can.
Percival walks as fast as his feet will carry him. He tries to plan how to collect all of his possessions and gather Felicia and Illiana as quickly as possible.  He is sure that he can hide out in one of the neighboring territories.
Percival makes it back to the market when a searing pain begins at his temples and spreads through his head. 
When the pain suddenly stops, Percival can hear the demon speaking to him again. “HA, HA, HA!  It is so funny to me how much stock you humans put into things!  No, I will not destroy your possessions.  Instead I will keep you hostage in the dream world forever!”
Percival does not even get an opportunity to react before his knees get weak and he begins to feel sleepy.
He crumples like a sack of potatoes right then and there in the middle of the market.
Ermine is sitting down having a meal when she decides to clean up the sanctuary in case the Snords decide to come back.
Acolyte Theresa is already tidying up the sanctuary.  Ermine grabs a broom and helps.
Ermine’s thoughts return to this demon that she heard the Snord guard mention.  “Perhaps I should say a few more prayers in the regard,” she says out loud.
Just then, she remembers the package that was delivered earlier.  She pulls it out of her pocket and opens it.  She is pleased to see the pretty pendant and a note from shopkeeper Percival, saying  I thought this might help you get some much needed sleep.’
Ermine walks into her sleeping quarter and glances in her mirror. 
After placing the pendant around her neck, she suddenly feels weak and woozy.  “What is happening?” She asks out loud.
Slowly Ermine can feel herself losing consciousness.  In a panic, she thinks of the Watcher.  “Help me Watcher!” She prays just before passing out.

Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: , ,