Archolia Chapter 115 - The Physician & Merchant

 Gavin determines that the grain is in fact the cause of the malady.  He uses small amounts of it, along with various herbs.
 Gavin prepares the mix.  It crackles and sparkles in his mixing container.  It is a failed mix.
 Gavin is not deterred, he has one other combination in mind. 
 Now that they are sure that the grain is infected, Percival leaves for the village.
 Gavin mixes the new combination of herbs.  He smiles because the mixture is perfect.
 Percival’s goal is to collect all of the infected grain and burn it until it is all destroyed.
 “Baker Rogelio, I have found a cure.  The grain that you were using was in fact infected with not a virus, but a dangerous bacteria.”
 Gavin continues, “You see, that is why the illness did not seem to spread from person to person.  Only the people who ate the grain got sick.”
 “I had no idea Surgeon Gavin.  Really I did not.  My wife and I only wanted to save  simoles.”
 “I never would have purchased the grain if I had known.” 
 “Do not fret baker. I have discovered a cure.  I can cure the infected,” Gavin assures the baker.
 “Since we know not exactly who had some of the grain, I will add an anti-virus to the kingdom water supply.  That way, everyone will be cured.”
 “You are brilliant Surgeon Gavin.”

“Not really, I never would have figured this out if it were not for your honesty about the grain.”
 The Baker leaves the clinic feeling better.  Now he knows that there was no way of knowing that the grain was contaminated.

Gavin returns to his craft table to craft a large supply of the tonic.
 With the tonic on hand, Gavin leaves the clinic and heads to the well in town square.
 Percival’s mission is complete.  He has gathered all of the grain and any bread products made from it and set fire to it.
 Gavin stands at the well.  His plan is to pour tonic down this well and the one in the village.
As he pours, he realizes that he has the merchant to thank for saving the kingdom.  Now anyone who is ill shall be healed.

Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: , ,