Archolia Chapter 101 - The Bard

 Amelia walks to the village and purchases the provisions requested by the Rat King.
 She begins walking to the forest where the Rat King and his men have set up camp.  Amelia is surprised that she was able to convince the Rat King of her loyalty so quickly. 
 Amelia puts on a large smile as she arrives at the camp. “Ah, there you are!  Back so soon?” 
 Amelia gives the Rat King a large package.  “Here you are, everything you asked for, plus a few extra items I thought you might need.  Is there anything else I can do for you sir?”
 "Thank you my dear and please call me Aramis.  I have a feeling that we will be very close soon.”
 "If there is nothing else…Aramis, I shall like to practice my lute,” Amelia says before pulling it out.  Just as she hoped, the Rat King ignores her and begins discussing his plans with his goons. 
 As she plays, she overhears Aramis discussing how the Queen of Hearts and her gang plan on taking over the castle area and docks while he and his gang will overthrow the village and other areas of the kingdom.
 "From what I can see, Kristopher, their only defense is a few guards and their walls.  Their knight is away traveling,” Aramis tells one of his men; assuming that Amelia cannot hear him, when it fact she can hear everything.
 Finally he turns his attention back to Amelia.  She greets his gaze with a sweet, seductive smile.
 “Come to me my dear!” Aramis demands when she finally puts her lute away.

Here goes nothing, Amelia says to herself.
 
“How did I luck up on having the prettiest, most talented wench in the kingdom by my side?”
 “It twas not luck.  It is love,” Amelia says attempting to convince Aramis.
 “How could you love me when you know not who I am?”  Aramis asks with a slight tone of insecurity.
 “I am quite observant.  I have been watching you secretly for a while.  And if I may be so bold…”Amelia lowers her voice,  “I find the way you boss your men around to be quite appealing.”

Aramis laughs, his voice full of arrogance and pride.
 “I have been leading this gang since I was 12 years of age,” he says clearly bragging.

“Really?  At such a young age?”  Amelia says feigning interest.
 “Oh yes!” Aramis says taking the bait.  “I was always very charismatic and convincing from a young age.”

You should be ruling Archolia.”
 Aramis smirks in agreement.

“No, really! You would do a much better job!”
 “I mean what is my king and queen even doing for  Archolia?  We should be the richest territory around as we would be under your rule!”

Aramis is pleased by all of Amelia’s praise.  Although she is saying nothing that he has not already convinced himself of.
 
“Do you plan on becoming the new king of Archolia once you take over?”  Amelia takes a chance by asking.
 “I shall like to change the subject,” Aramis says, not quite comfortable about revealing his plans.
 “I would much rather discuss you and I.”
 “That is a good subject,” Amelia says with a smile.
 “So…are you involved with anyone there in Aarbyville?”
 “No one as pleasing to the eye as you.”
 “Should I be jealous right now?” Amelia asks.
 “Is there anything that I can do to make you forget her completely?” Amelia whispers.
 
 “There is no one to speak of, however, I shall still like to see what you have in mind.”
 “I shall show you later.  I need to return to the tavern, but when I return, I shall have a surprise for you.”
 “Do not be too long in coming back.  I am not a patient man.”
 “I assure you that whatever time you wait shall be worth it,” Amelia promises.

“OK my love, just hurry back.”
Amelia waves goodbye.  She detects that Aramis may actually be falling for her…just what she is going for.

Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: ,