Archolia Chapter 81 - The Monarch & Physician

Chalyela knows that Ivan is somewhere near the forest,  on patrol.
She sets out to search for him with an important matter on her mind.
She admires the craftsmanship of the wall surrounding the kingdom.  This is the first time she has had an occasion to go beyond the borders of the kingdom.
Chalyela spots Ivan in the forest clearing; sharpening his sword.  Even from this distance her heart beats faster just knowing that he is present.
She walks closer.  Still he does not spot her. 
“Ah my queen!”  He says when he finally sees her.
He puts his sword away and walks toward her.  “To what do I owe-” he begins, but Chalyela interrupts his question with a kiss.
“Let us get married,” she says once they pull away.
“But we are my sweet queen.  We are planning things out, are we not?”



Chalyela grabs Ivan’s hand, “No I mean…let us get married now…today.”
“But my queen, you deserve  a wedding most grand…not some ceremony fit only for a peasant,” Ivan rationalizes.



“As long as I have you and the Watcher, that is all I desire.”
“But-” Ivan begins, but Chalyela once again interrupts.



“Ivan, do you want to marry me?”
“Of course my dear!”
“Then let us do it now…at the church.  Away from prying eyes.”
“Anything you want…but why today?”



“There is a big scandal that threatens the well being of the whole kingdom.  I just want to enjoy our day before things get bad.”
“What is it?  Is there any way that I can help?”



“My advisor Kenna has fallen in love with the daughter of one of Tredony’s dignitaries.”
“The daughter? But Kenna is a woman…oh!” Ivan says suddenly understanding.



“Exactly.  If this gets out, it will ruin any progress that we have made in securing a friendly  existence with Tredony.”
“Let us get married!’  Ivan says understanding why Chalyela does not want to wait to marry.

Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: , ,