Archolia Chapter 80 - The Monarch & Physician

Queen Chalyela and Knight-Captain Ivan initially wanted to plan a grand wedding with all of the foreign dignitaries present.  However, Queen Chalyela heard some potentially damaging news that changed all of her plans…
She heard rumors that her Royal Advisor Kenna was involved with the daughter of a foreign dignitary from Tredony.  Such a thing was not heard of and definitely not accepted.  If this got out, the kingdom’s relations with Tredony could be shattered forever. Chalyela was forced to act fast to keep the scandal from getting out.
Chalyela was sitting on her throne when a member of her court approached her about the relationship.  Chalyela had no idea that Kenna had a desire for women. 
She had to know if it was true.  Chalyela decided to confront Kenna at once.
“M’Lady, I already know why you have come to see me,” Kenna says as Chalyela approaches.
“Advisor Kenna…please tell me the rumors I hear are not true…” Chalyela says in a pleading voice.
She continues, “Such an affair could ruin our relationship with Tredony permanently!”
Kenna hangs her head.  “I wish that was not the case my queen, but it started out as only harmless flirting…now Lady Suzanne and I are in love”



Chalyela can only sigh.  She knows all too well what it is like to be in love and realizes that sometimes you cannot help who you fall in love with.  “I shall go and speak with Lady Suzanne.”
Chalyela feels for Kenna’s situation.  It must be tough to keep a love hidden, but she cannot help but be annoyed that this has surfaced at this time…right when she and Ivan were planning their wedding.
Chalyela greets Lady Suzanne with a smile, but Suzanne does not return the smile.  She appears to be distressed.
“Do not fret, I am not here to chastise you,” Chalyela attempts to calm Suzanne.
She continues, “But you know that if news of this relationship gets out, it could mean ill relations between us and Tredony, or even worse…war!”



“Aye  Your Majesty.  I realize that, but Kenna and I never intended on this thing getting out.  My father would be devastated to know that I am in love with another woman.”
“I have an idea.  I will send you and Kenna away for a while on sort of a little vacation and I will attempt to do some damage control.”
“Thank you Your Majesty.  We shall like that.”
Chalyela hopes that the news has not spread.  Nothing is worst than a gossipy peasant. If this is left as is, the whole kingdom and half of Tredony will know before nightfall.
“I have spoken to Lady Suzanne.  I want to send the two of you away to hide, while I attempt to contain this situation.”
“I am so worried M’Lady.  Suzanne has so much more at stake than I do.  The people of Tredony would probably have her imprisoned or executed for something like this…not to mention what the church would do to us.”



“As I told her…do not worry.  It will not get out. I will see to that.”
“What if everyone already knows?”



“I will take time to see what is being said.”
“I am so sorry M’Lady.  I did not intend-”



“You have been of great service to me.  I do not blame you, but as you know, there is much at stake.  I am sorry to tell you this, but you will have to be discrete in your dealings with Lady Suzanne.”
“We will do our best.”



“Please, go and pack.  Hide out until I send for you.”
“Thank you M’Lady.”
As Kenna walks away, Smithmaster Tom of Crafthole approaches.
Smithmaster Tom, I wondered if you might have heard any rumors floating about lately.”



“Indeed I have M’Lady.”



Chalyela cannot hide the worry on her face.  Has he heard about Kenna and Suzanne?
“I have heard that the wife of one of the cooks in the village dining hall, secretly substitutes clean mud for some of the broth in the gruel in order to save money.”
Chalyela laughs more out of relief than anything. “What a silly rumor!  How can there be clean mud?”
Chalyela approaches another villager. 
When asked about any recent rumors, the villager’s response is exactly what Chalyela was hoping she would not hear, “Aye!  There some juicy news going around about a hot young blonde and someone here at the castle!”
Chalyela pretends to enjoy this bit of gossip, “Really?  Who did you hear this from?”



“Some guy is in town square telling everyone about it.”
“That is some juicy gossip,” Chalyela says secretly wishing she had a muzzle for this loud mouth villager.
Chalyela knows that she must visit town square and stop the gossip from spreading, but first she must go and meet with Ivan.  The thought of seeing him brings a smile to her face. 

Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: , ,