Archolia Chapter 69 - The Knight

When Ivan returns to the clinic, the waiting room is full and Bloodletter Gavin and his nurse are up, ready to see patients.
Ivan enters the examination room and stands face to face with Bloodletter Gavin for the first time.
“Good morn, Bloodletter,” Ivan says and waits for Gavin to respond.
“How may I be of service?” Gavin answers.  In his voice there are no signs of unkindness or bitterness.



“I have sustained an injury to my side.  I hoped that you could mend it.”
“That is what I am here for,” Gavin says.  Ivan is surprised to hear the amusement in the Bloodletter’s voice.



“I am surprised that you are willing to see me,” Ivan confesses.
“Why would you be surprised?” Gavin asks although he knows perfectly well why Ivan would be.  He just wants to hear Ivan admit what has happened.
“Well…I am aware that you and her majesty were…an item before I arrived.”
Ivan continues, “I just thought that you would be angry that I stepped in and…well…” I van is not sure how to go on. 
“Do not fret Sir Ivan.  I am now a happily married man.  If you had not stepped in, I would not have discovered my love for my  new wife, Nurse Jolene.”
Ivan is relieved.  “Well congrats to you and your wife,”  He says with sincerity.
“I realize that I am not in the position to do this, because I am not her father, but I am her oldest friend…I give you my blessing, “ Gavin says.



“Gram mercy Bloodletter,” Ivan says nodding, “I am sure that the queen will be pleased to hear this.”
“Now let us see about your injury...”
Bloodletter Gavin throws a fist full of leeches into Sir Ivan’s face.  Ivan is startled; not expecting it.
Bloodletter Gavin is not gentle as he pulls the leeches off of Sir Ivan’s face.
“Will that mend my injury?” Ivan asks confused.



“No, I did that as pay back for the past heartbreak you caused,” Gavin says;  taking great effort to suppress his laughter.



Ivan is shocked at first.  Then he laughs, seeing the humor.  “I understand, “ he says between chuckles.  “I perfectly understand.”
Bloodletter Gavin goes on to apply a salve to Ivan’s injury. 



Ivan grabs Gavin’s hand when his injury is mended.  “Thank you,” He says shaking Gavin’s hand; grateful for more than just Gavin’s work in mending his injury.
There is nothing else to say.  Bloodletter Gavin and Sir Ivan both feel that they have settled any misgivings between them.  Whether they can ever be friends, is unknown.
They both nod their heads in respectful acknowledgement of each other.
Sir Ivan turns and heads out to complete his duties, while Gavin returns to his work.

Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: ,