Archolia Chapter 51 - The Peteran Priest & Monarch

Chalyela’s spirits are lifted as she enters the castle and spots Sir Ivan.
She refuses to pass up this opportunity to bear her heart to him.  She waits for him to finish his military strategizing.
“I have done it,” Chalyela begins.

“Done what M’lady?”
“I have ended my courtship with Gavin…” she begins.
“I no longer have to deny that I am attracted to you.”
Ivan smiles. “Are you sure that is what you want, because I am absolutely sure it is what I want?” 
Instead of answering, Chalyela pulls something out and hides it behind her back.

“What are you doing?” Ivan asks curious.  “Is that your sword?”
“It is this,” Chalyela says holding out a flower.
Ivan is surprised. “M’Lady, it is I that should give you flowers,”  He says, unsure whether he wants to accept it.
“I know but it is a peace offering.  I have been unkind to you.”

“Well in that case,” Ivan says finally accepting the flower,” You have been hurtful of my feelings,” he says in a faux pained voice.
“I will be unkind no longer,” she says moving close, yearning to taste his kiss upon her lips.
Ivan moves in but does not kiss her.  Instead he moves to her ear, “Are you sure that you want the likes of me?”
“Why must you ask as if I know not what I want?” She whispers back.
“Can I now tell you how beautiful you are?”
“Of course you may…at any time,” Chalyela says anticipating his next compliment.
Ivan does not give her one.  He wants to be sure that she is fully over what she had with the Bloodletter.  He says his goodbye and leaves the castle to begin his early evening patrol; leaving Chalyela wanting to feel his arms around her.
Chalyela takes some time to get herself together.  It is time to pick up the robes from the magnate.
Still at the faire, Sister Ermine picks out a few books to aid her in developing her own. 
She takes in one last view of the faire grateful that she was able to find inspiration here to aid her in leading the people of Archolia back to the Peteran faith.
Chalyela returns to the faire praying that the robes have turned out as expected.
She approaches the magnate.  “Have you completed the robes?”
“Aye, they are here,” he says handing Chalyela a package.

“Keep any leftover fabric as payment,” Chalyela instructs which makes the magnate very happy.  He will be able to make very fine garments with the leftover fabric.
Chalyela heads to the church. She is sure that Ermine will be pleased with the new robes.  Magnate Aidous does  beautiful work.
“Good eve your majesty,” Ermine greets Chalyela.  “I want to thank you most humbly for all of your help.”
“It has been my pleasure.  Here are your robes.  I am now leaving the faith of this kingdom in your hands.” Chalyela says, giving Ermine full responsibility of making sure that Archolia is full of faithful Peterans.

Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: , ,