Archolia Chapter 50 - The Peteran Priest & Monarch

Chalyela decides to continue with her promises to Sister Ermine.  She visits the village searching for only the finest fabrics.
Meanwhile, Ermine finishes up her daily duties.  She sits at her desk and scribes a few inspired verses.
Chalyela returns from the village with the finest silk available, made from the Mulberry Silkworm.
She enters the cultural faire looking for Aidous, the Magnate of Garb who is responsible for creating her own fine gowns.
Taking her duty seriously, she wants to be sure that Sister Ermine receives the best robes possible.
“Ah, Magnate Aidous.  I have a request for you.”

“Greetings your Majesty.  How may I be of service?”

Chalyela explains what she needs.  Magnate Aidous informs her that the robes will be complete in two hours.
While Chalyela is leaving the faire, Ermine arrives.  She has her own business to attend to at the faire.
Based on the recommendations of those who attended her last sermon, Ermine decides to seek out the magnates of liquor and  literature.
Ermine finds the Magnate of Liquor sitting near two casks.
“Pray pardon me madam, might I have a word?”

“Aye your Grace, how may I help you
?”
“I am looking to improve church attendance by appealing to the masses-” Ermine begins.

“And you are looking to make them  much more merry!”  The magnate of liquor s finishes with much humor.

Ermine is concerned. “Well no…not too merry.  Just more comfortable.”
“I was only joking your Grace.  I have just what you need, but it will cost you 100 simoles.”

Ermine reluctantly pulls out a bag of simoles, “Now I only want something refreshing…not something appealing only to drunkards.”
“No worries your Grace,” the magnate says pulling out a bag of liquor, “this is called Executioner’s Mark; it’s very popular, but is truly a mild drink.” 
“Just do not mix it with anything else or you may end up with a congregation in very high spirits,” the magnate says with a chuckle.

I will be sure not to do so,” Ermine says with a touch of nervousness.
Sister Ermine takes the drink, “Thank you for your help madam.”
Next Sister Ermine approaches the magnate of literature.  “I am seeking a book of stories to assist me in better reaching my congregation.”
“If I may be so bold your Grace, I believe the best thing for you is to write your own book, based on the Peteran Faith. That way it would be more personal to you!”

“You may be right!” Ermine says excited at the possibility.
 
Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: , ,