Archolia Chapter 33 - The Knight

Ivan arrives at the town square and sees a woman that may or may not be the witch.  He has to get a closer look.
Ivan marches right up to her and gives her an intimidating stare.  There is no doubt that this is the evil being that he saw in the forest.
“Why have you come here?  You will not continue to threaten the citizens of Archolia!” 

The witch gives him an innocent look.  “Who me?”  she asks.
She continues, “I am not guilty of whatever you see fit to accuse me of.”

“Stop with the evil lies.  I saw the monstrosity that you are capable of!”
The witch continues her pleas of innocence, “Is it because of the way that I look.  I cannot help my odd features.”
“No!  I was witness to the bodies that you have mangled.  I saw you enchanting spells full of evil intentions...I want you to leave Archolia at once.”
“OK, I will leave,” she says smirking.
The witch begins to walk away. 
Ivan, not trusting her decides to follow close behind.
Ivan can feel wicked energy radiating around this witch as he trails behind her.  The hairs on the back of his neck rise.  This woman is evil incarnate.
Ivan continues to follow expecting the witch to turn and walk toward the forest, but instead she heads straight for the barracks.
Once inside, she pulls out her sword, and the sweet kind voice that she displayed in the town square melts away into a cold snarl.  “What nice living quarters you have here,” she says waving her sword around.
“How dare you come here?”  Ivan roars.
He continues, “I demand that you leave at once!”
“Or what…do you think that your sword is any match for the forces behind me?”  


Ivan is visibly afraid.  Her voice alone carries waves of magic that cause his knees to weaken.
She smirks once again before finally leaving the barracks.
Ivan heads upstairs to his training room.  This witch has powerful magic, but even the best magician can find themselves one head short.
Sir Ivan pulls out his training gear and sword and begins training.
He hits the training dummy with amazing ferocity.
Ivan finishes his training and leaves for the castle.  He has to find a way to build his credibility with the queen and get her to believe him regarding the witch.

Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: ,