Archolia Chapter 31 - The Monarch

Chalyela approaches Kenna,” I have heard the needs of the people and I have a few things for you to do.”

“As you wish your majesty.”
“First, see to it that someone is hired to fix the well in the village.  The villagers have no access to fresh water, other than the well here.”
“Next you are to see to it that the pest problem in town is taken care of.  The village has been overrun with rats.  I want them all trapped and killed immediately!”
“And finally, I want the food stocks filled with grain, fruits and vegetables.”

“But your majesty, that will be very expensive!”
“It is no concern of yours.  Do as you are told!”

“Yes your majesty.  As you wish.”
“I want you to supervise and be sure that all that I have requested is done.  I hold you responsible.”

“Yes your majesty.”
Satisfied, Chalyela heads back to the castle to make Hamfast aware that the improvements will be taken care of immediately.
Chalyela is satisfied with the way she has handled the situation.  She is sure that her actions will increase villager loyalty.
“Greetings Hamfast.  I am glad to inform you that all repairs to the well are being taken care of as we speak.”
“I know not what to say, M'Lady.”
“Say that you will end this revolt and from now forward, if there is a problem in the village, you will come to me directly.”
“I deeply apologize your majesty. I did not mean to –”
"I need not hear your apologies.  All is forgotten.  Food is being sent to the village storehouses and the rats will be killed.” 
“I am humbled by your kindness.”
Hamfast continues, “You shall go down in history as being the kindest queen ever.  These are indeed the golden ages!  Long live the queen!”
“Perhaps she is correct," Chalyela says to herself.  She has successfully ended the revolt and restored order to her kingdom.

Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: ,