Archolia Chapter 6 - The Physician


The clinic waiting room becomes crowded.  Some have gathered there out of curiosity and others are visibly suffering from illnesses.
Bloodletter Gavin diagnoses client after client
Before applying treatment, usually a handful of leeches, as needed.
After applying his usual treatments to two of the waiting villagers, Gavin can see that their illnesses are not ordinary.
Gavin approaches nurse Jolene, “These patients have an ailment unlike any I’ve ever seen.”
He continues, “I have heard rumors of an apothecary from the far East who knows of mysterious techniques for fighting illness and death.  I shall seek her out.  Please see after these patients while I am gone.”
Gavin sets out to seek this foreign visitor.  On the way, he stops to inspect a few interesting plants.
Upon further inspection, Gavin discovers various herbs to be used to craft new medicines and cures.
He decides to  look for the Eastern woman near the docks.  Up on the hill, his eyes stare in wonder at Chalyela’s magnificent castle, a far cry from the modest village that she grew up in.
He continues down the path seeing that Archolia is spread as far as his eyes can see.
He marvels at the great beauty of the kingdom.
Gavin approaches the town square and spots Archolia’s foreign visitor at once. 
“Good day fair mistress, are you the visitor from the East that I have heard much about?”
“Aye sir, I am from the East.  How may I serve thee?”
“I have heard that you bring with you great Eastern secrets of healing .”

“Aye fine sir.  I have a potion that is guaranteed to cure absolutely any ailment instantly and I do mean …any. ” The  apothecary says before pulling out a block of wood to carve.
“Any ailment?  What is this you speak of…witchcraft? You are indeed mad!”  Gavin says, not believing that such a potion exists.
“I shall try my own remedies,” he says in frustration before marching off leaving the Eastern traveler there whittling away on her block.


Click here to read more of the Kingdom of Archolia

Labels: ,